AuditWare Online Seminars
Audit Efficiencies in Excel
Cameron Gulley is a graduate of Abilene Christian University and has had an accounting firm in Eastland, Texas since 1993. Cam provides expertise in GASB pronouncements as a highly sought after consultant among Texas audit firms. Cam is a member of AICPA, TSCPA and GAQC.
Some experience in School District Auditing in Texas is assumed
This course presents steps for planning and conducting the field work for auditing a Texas school district. Cam will use real LEA data and access to TxEIS to present suggested data gathering and structuring to assist in the audit process.
Upon completing this course, attendees should have a good understanding of data sources and techniques helpful in planning and conducting the audit including:
- Pre-audit activities – things to do and consider when planning the engagement;
- Data to gather in order to gain an understanding of internal controls and flow of transactions;
- Which files to identify from the district’s accounting system that will be needed and used for “data-mining”;
- Where to start in planning and performing audit field-work; and
- Techniques for building nearly all audit test data files using Excel.