AuditWare Online Seminars
Leases: Getting Ready for GASB 87
This is a follow-up class from Cam’s seminar from 2019, “Getting Ready for Big Changes in Lease Accounting”. We will review the significant changes in lease accounting under GASB 87 including lease recognition and measurement and the new disclosure requirements for leases. We will also highlight new developments since last year’s class for GASB 87.
Cameron Gulley is a graduate of Abilene Christian University and has had an accounting firm in Eastland, Texas since 1993. Cam provides expertise in GASB pronouncements as a highly sought after consultant among Texas audit firms. Cam is a member of AICPA, TSCPA and GAQC.
Upon completing this course, attendees should:
1) Have a thorough overview of GASB 87 and it’s effects on the Annual Financial Report;
2) Understand the various methodologies that can be used to implement GASB 87;
3) Know the extended lease classifications (or categories) and their implications on your reports;
4) Understand the new disclosure requirements in the notes to the financial statements;
5) Be able to apply the new and expanded definition of a lease and it’s accounting implications for leases.