AuditWare Online Seminars
Practical Applications: GASB 84 & 87
Cameron Gulley is a graduate of Abilene Christian University and has had an accounting firm in Eastland, Texas since 1993. Cam provides expertise in GASB pronouncements as a highly sought after consultant among Texas audit firms. Cam is a member of AICPA, TSCPA and GAQC.
Some experience in School District Auditing is assumed
We will review GASB 84 and provide continuation guidance on identifying fiduciary activities for accounting and financial reporting purposes and offer some practical applications on how school districts will need to account for and report these activities. We will also review the significant changes in lease accounting under GASB 87 including lease recognition and measurement and the new disclosure requirements for leases.
1) Have a thorough overview of GASB 87 and its effects on the Annual Financial Report;
2) Understand the various methodologies that can be used to implement GASB 87;
3) Know the extended lease classifications (or categories) and their implications on your reports;
4) Understand the new disclosure requirements in the notes to the financial statements;
5) Be able to apply the new and expanded definition of a lease and its accounting implications for leases
6) Be familiar and identify the steps necessary for implementation of GASB 84
7) Understand the concepts for determining if a student activity fund needs to be reported as a special revenue fund or agency fund
8) Discussion on what your school district needs to know to get ready for their audit